City of Sisters

  • Online Bill Pay

Finance & Administration


The Finance and Administration department’s areas of responsibility include utility billing, accounts payable, payroll, licenses and taxes, budgeting and financial reporting, human resources, and risk management.  We hope you find our page informative and easy to use. Please let us know your comments and suggestions by contacting any of the staff members below.

Department Contacts

Finance Officer
Joseph O'Neill
(541) 323-5222

Accounting Technician
Kim Keeton
(541) 323-5209
Utility Billing, Accounts Payable, Business Licenses, Low Income Assistance Program

Finance Admin Assistant
Julie Pieper
(541) 549-6022
Receptionist, Transient Merchant License, Fuel Tax, Transient Room Tax


For more information or questions, contact Joseph O’Neill, Finance Officer, at or call (541)323-5222.

Back to top

City Hall Rooms

Financial Reports

Annual Audited Financial Reports

Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR)

Sisters Urban Renewal Agency

Oregon Statute 457.460 requires the publication of certain minimum financial information of urban renewal areas. The Sisters Urban Renewal Agency's Annual Report fulfills this requirement and is provided below:

For more information or questions, contact Joseph O’Neill, Finance Officer, at or call (541)323-5222.


Back to top

Human Resources/Risk Management

Human Resources/Risk Management covers recruitment, employee benefits, classification and compensation, property casualty and worker’s compensation insurance.

Employment Opportunities

The City posts current job openings on this webpage.  We also may advertise in publications including The Nugget, The Bend Bulletin, and Craigslist.

None at this time.

  • How to apply

Application packets are available online or at City Hall.  All required documents must be complete and received no later than the specified closing date and time at Sisters City Hall, 520 E. Cascade Ave., Sisters, Oregon 97759 or the applicant will not be considered. Faxes are acceptable if received readable, complete, and by the deadline.  A resume is not considered in lieu of the required City of Sisters application.

City of Sisters Job Application

  • Pre-Employment Requirements

The City of Sisters is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment. A pre-employment drug screen and DMV/criminal check is required for all persons accepting a conditional offer of employment. To comply with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and DOT regulations, pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and review of driving record is required for those selected candidates currently holding a CDL. In accordance with the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986, employment is contingent upon providing acceptable documents to verify identity and authorization to be employed in the U.S

  • ADA Accommodation Request

The City of Sisters will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who request assistance in the application and/or interview process that will provide the applicant an opportunity to demonstrate his or her qualifications and ability to perform the essential functions of the job. Individuals with an ADA disability may request accommodation at least 48 hours in advance by contacting Patrick Davenport, ADA Coordinator at (541) 323-5219.

The City of Sisters is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
The City of Sisters provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants without unlawful regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, Oregon, or local law. This EEO policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship – including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, demotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, recall, and termination of employment.

Working for the City of Sisters
The City offers a comprehensive benefit package of medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, long-term disability, AD&D, additional accident insurance and a flexible spending program. Health insurance begins on the first of the month following the employee’s first thirty days of employment.

The City fully funds contributions to the Oregon Public Employees Retirement Plan (PERS). In addition, employees have the option of participating in 457 Deferred Compensation Programs through the Oregon Savings Growth Plan or AIG VALIC. This program is voluntary and does not include an employer contribution.

For more information or questions, contact Joseph O’Neill, Finance Officer, at or call (541) 323-5222.


Utility Billing

The City provides water and sewer utilities to approximately 1,300 residential and commercial customers.  Utility bills are mailed by the end of the month, payment is due by the 10th of the following month.

The City offers the option of e-statements in place of paper statements in the mail.  Submit your e-statement form and start receiving your statement by email for the next billing cycle.

For questions regarding Utility Billing contact Kim Keeton, Accounting Technician, at or call (541) 323-5209.  If you have an after-hours water or sewer emergency please call the Public Works Emergency phone number (541) 480-7634.

Payment Options

Payments must be received at City Hall by the 10th of each month to avoid delinquency.  Payments may be mailed to P.O. Box 39, Sisters, OR  97759.  Payments may also be made in person at City Hall at 520 E. Cascade Avenue during regular business hours or through the drop box located at the front of the building.  In addition, we offer the following payment options:

Pay Online – Click on the Online Bill Pay button above, or go to and register for a new account to pay your bill online.  Online Bill Pay is an easy and secure web site that allows customers to make payments, view statements, view payment history for the last 6 months, sign up for paperless billing, and view inserts in PDF format.

Automatic Bank Drafting – Bank Drafting offers you the ability to have your utility bill automatically drafted from your bank account on the 10th of each month.

Credit Card Drafting – For customers who choose to have their utility bill paid by credit card, your bill will be automatically charged to your credit card on the 10th of each month.

Water Rates

The monthly base rate is determined by the size of your meter.  Most residential homes have a ¾ inch meter.

Wastewater Rates
The City charges sewer fees based on Equivalent Dwelling Units (EDUs).  An EDU is defined as a volume of wastewater which incurs the same costs for operations and maintenance as the average volume of domestic discharged from an average residential dwelling unit.

Residential customers are charged one EDU per month.  Multi-family residences are charged one EDU for each dwelling unit.

Commercial EDU’s are calculated each year based on average water consumption from November through April.  The average winter water consumption is divided by 501.337 cubic feet, which represents one EDU.  This amount is multiplied by the current EDU rate to calculate the monthly commercial wastewater charge.  A minimum of one EDU is required.  Irrigation meters are excluded in determining the winter average.

The City encourages commercial customers to be proactive during the winter months and check for leaks and abnormal water usage.  You will not only save on your water bill, but save on wastewater charges for the coming year as well.

Low Income Utility Assistance
You may be eligible for utility assistance on your water and sewer bills.  Approved applications receive a 25% discount.  For further information contact Kim Keeton, Accounting Technician, at or (541) 323-5209.

Start and Stop Service
A Utility Service Request Application is required to apply for utility service.  Applications can be filled out at City Hall located at 520 E. Cascade or downloaded and mailed or faxed to our office.  A deposit and processing fee is due with the application.

Property owners must complete the Property Owner Directive to give the City permission to bill their tenants directly for water and sewer service.  If you have a property management company taking care of your rental property, we will also need your authorization to release information to them regarding your tenant. Once you have authorized the property management company they will have full authority to complete the Property Owner Directive form on your behalf.

Use a Stop Service Form to close your utility account.  Please submit your request at least five business days in advance of your stop date.

Other Utility Services